SPORT FOR CHANGE
Sport continues to play an important role in improving the lives of millions of people across the world. It brings people together to play, learn, improve health and benefit from shared experiences. It is also a powerful tool for helping bring about social change.
Comic Relief’s Sport for Change strategy will run across our UK and International funding, while focusing on our four programme areas. This will include using sport as a tool to increase community cohesion, to address issues affecting women and girls and to deliver health messaging. We’ll also be focusing on key areas where our analysis suggests Sport for Change can really make a difference:
- Young people and conflict, violence and gangs
- Education and employability skills for young people who are not in employment, education or training (NEET)
- Reducing stigma and discrimination, changing attitudes and promoting equality
- Isolated older people and those living with dementia
- Increasing opportunities for people with disabilities
For more information on Comic Relief’s approach to Sport for Change, you can read our booklet here.