If you, or someone you know, has been affected by the issues that you have seen in one of our films, then do talk to someone. Below are suggested services or organisations that may be able to help or offer advice. Click on their names to go to their website

Talking about mental health

Mental health charities The Samaritans(opens in new window) on 116 123 or on in new window) (open 24 hours a day) or Mind infoline(opens in new window) on 0300 123 3393, text 86463 or in new window) (open weekdays 9am to 6pm).

Black Minds Matter(opens in new window) connects black people with free mental health support. Get access to support by connecting at in new window)

Papyrus(opens in new window) is a suicide prevention charity for young people. Contact their HOPEline UK on 0800 068 4141 (open daily 9am to 12am). 

YoungMinds(opens in new window) provides information on child and adolescent mental health for parents and professionals. Contact the parent’s helpline on 0808 802 5544 (open weekdays 9.20am to 4pm). 

Switchboard(opens in new window) is a helpline for LGBTQ+ people who can be contacted on 0300 330 630 or in new window) (open 10am to 10pm daily).

You can also speak to your GP or contact NHS Talking Therapies(opens in new window) . If you, or someone you know, is in immediate danger then call the emergency services on 999. 

Support to children & young people 

If you are a child and need to speak to someone, call Childline(opens in new window) on 0800 1111. You can also speak to an adviser on the online 1-2-1 chat service in new window)

If you are concerned about a child, call the NSPCC(opens in new window) 0808 800 5000 (open 24 hours a day)  or by email at in new window)

Help with food & shelter 

Alert Streetlink(opens in new window) if you’re concerned about an adult sleeping rough.  If your concern is about a child sleeping rough, call the police on 999.

Shelter(opens in new window) offers advice on housing or homelessness on 0808 800 4444 (England and Scotland) or 0800 049 5495 (Wales).

If you need some help with food, you can find your nearest Food Bank at the Trussell Trust(opens in new window).

For advice about asylum support, contact Migrant Help(opens in new window) on 0808 8010 503 (open 24 hours a day).

Escape fear and violence

To talk to someone about domestic abuse, call the National Domestic Violence Helpline(opens in new window), a charity providing support to women and children, on 0808 2000 247 (open 24 hours a day). 

If you are a woman or girl who has experienced sexual violence, contact Rape Crisis(opens in new window) on their helpline on 0808 802 9999 (open daily between 12pm to 2.30pm and 7pm to 9.30pm). For support for men or boys, please click here(opens in new window). There is also the National Male Survivors Helpline(opens in new window) on 0808 800 5005 (open Monday to Saturday) or by email in new window).  

If you are LGBTQ+ and have experienced domestic abuse, call Galop(opens in new window)on 0800 999 5428 (Monday to Friday: 10am – 5pm, Wednesday to Thursday: 10am to 8pm) or email at in new window)

If you require further information about support services, see the BBC Action Line at in new window)

Please note that Comic Relief does not take responsibility for the advice or actions of these organisations.