These terms apply to your use our websites and apps. Please note that our websites and apps are intended to be used by those who live in the UK and who are 18 and over.
In these terms (and in addition to the definitions in sections below), the following words have the following meanings:
“Apps” means the mobile applications we may make available from time to time via Google Playstore, Apple iTunes or otherwise.
"Content" means all content on our Platforms, including all information, graphics, trademarks, logos, branding, designs, text, photos, films, sounds, software and applications; and
"Contribution(s)" means anything that you, or another user, post on or upload to the Platforms or send to us, including any photographs, video or audio clips, comments, posts or competition entries.
“Platforms” means the Sites and the Apps are collectively referred to in these terms as the “Platforms”.
“Sites” means our websites, www.sportrelief.com, www.comicrelief.com, www.rednoseday.com and any other site we may own or operate from time to time.
The Platforms are operated by Charity Projects (as Comic Relief) (“Comic Relief”, “we” or “us”). We are a charity registered in England & Wales with number 326568 and in Scotland with number SC039730, and a company limited by guarantee registered in England with number 1806414. Our registered office is at Hanover House, 14 Hanover Square, London W1S 1HP, with our place of business being at 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP. If you’d like to get in touch with us, visit our Contact Page.
By using the Platforms you accept and agree to comply with these terms. Comic Relief may amend these terms at any time by updating the text of this page, so please check back regularly.
The Platforms are made available free of charge, and we do not guarantee that our Platforms, or any Content, will be secure, free from bugs or viruses, available or uninterrupted, or that the Content is accurate, complete or up to date. We may update and change our Platforms from time to time. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Platforms for business and operational reasons.
The Content on our Platforms is provided for general information and entertainment only. It is not intended to be advice on which you should rely.
This Platforms and all the Content on it, including all intellectual property rights included in the Platforms and Content, is owned by Comic Relief (or our licensors and Content providers). All rights in the Content are reserved to their respective owners, unless expressly stated otherwise.
Any Contribution you send or post to the Platforms remains your property, but we may use your Contribution as described under "How Comic Relief will use your Contributions" below.
You may print, download and use Content, but only for your personal use or to share with others in order to raise awareness about Comic Relief. In doing so, you must acknowledge us (or any identified contributors) as the authors of the Content.
You must not:
You may use the Platforms as permitted by these terms. Your right to use the Platforms will terminate automatically without notice if you breach or do not comply with any of these terms. You must not use the Platforms for any illegal purpose. We may also terminate your right to use any Platforms at any time, or may stop providing any Apps at our sole discretion.
Unless explicitly permitted under applicable mandatory law, you must not, and you will not encourage, assist or authorise any other person to copy, modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble, or otherwise tamper with, the Platforms, whether in whole or in part, or create any derivative works from or of the Platforms.
You warrant that you will comply with the above provisions, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means that you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of this warranty.
In addition, if you fail to comply with these provisions, your right to use our Platforms will end immediately and you will be required, at our option, to return or destroy any copies of the material you have made. We may report any such breach of these provisions to the relevant authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. Any action that we take is without prejudice to any of our accrued rights.
In order to keep the Apps up-to-date, we may offer automatic or manual updates at any time and without notice to you. Continued use of the Apps may be conditional on installing updates from time to time.
Accuracy of our App
We are not responsible for the accuracy, reliability, availability, effectiveness, or correct use of information you receive through the Apps.
Comic Relief does not endorse any Contribution or any opinion, statement, or advice expressed by users of our Platforms wherever it may appear. Comic Relief does not oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Platforms. If you believe that any Contribution does not accord with the Contribution Rules (as defined below), please contact us. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Comic Relief expressly disclaims all liability in connection with any Contributions made by users of our Platforms wherever it may appear.
If you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Platforms, or to make contact with Comic Relief, you must comply with the following (the “Contribution Rules”):
You warrant that any such Contribution complies with these standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means that you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
In addition, if you fail to comply with these standards, or if Comic Relief in its sole discretion considers that any Contribution, conduct or use of our Platforms is inappropriate in any way, we reserve the right (without prior notice) to: (a) warn you via email and require you to discontinue such conduct or use; (b) delete any Contribution you have posted to the Platforms; and/or (c) take other measures, including terminating, suspending or restricting use of the Platforms, and/or reporting any breach of these standards to the relevant authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
Any Contributions you upload or make to our Platforms will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
You should always give careful consideration before making public any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example telephone number, home address or email address), especially anything that could identify anyone who is under 18 years old.
When you upload or provide Contributions to our Platforms, you grant to us the following rights to use those Contributions:
Comic Relief has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any Contributions you make constitute a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy, or otherwise as Comic Relief may deem to be appropriate.
If you do not wish to grant us these rights, please do not upload, send or otherwise provide your Contribution to our Platforms or to Comic Relief.
Comic Relief respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been used in a way that gives rise to concerns of infringement, please contact us.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your use of our Platforms, and that to the fullest extent permitted at law, Comic Relief, its officers, trustees, employees and agents do not make any representations and do not give any warranties, express or implied, concerning our Platforms and the Content. In particular, Comic Relief does not warrant or represent that the Platforms or the Content is virus-free.
The Platforms may contain links to websites operated by parties other than Comic Relief. Such links are provided for your convenience only and should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information on them. Comic Relief is not responsible for the content of any third party websites linked to or from the Platforms.
You are responsible for organising, supervising or hosting your fundraising activity or for your participation in such activity (“Activity”).
You are responsible for ensuring that your Activity does not pose a danger to yourself or others. If you have a medical condition, have concerns as to the level of your fitness, or are unused to exercise, please consult your doctor before engaging in any Activity. If you experience any health issues while undertaking any Activity, please stop and consult with a medical professional immediately. Comic Relief is not responsible for any health problems that may result from any Activity. If you engage in any Activity, you agree that you do so at your own risk and that you are voluntarily participating in such Activity.
Please be aware Comic Relief does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage, or for any death or personal injury, arising out of any Activity including liability as a result of negligence (except death or personal injury caused by Comic Relief’s negligence).
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. You agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you wish to donate to Comic Relief or sponsor anyone raising money for Comic Relief, please note that your donation or sponsorship is non-refundable. If you sponsor someone to do any activity for Comic Relief, your sponsorship is not conditional on the activity being completed.
We are Charity Projects, better known as Comic Relief, registered in England and Wales with Charity number 326568 whose principal office is 1st floor, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP (“Comic Relief”).
If you are fundraising for us, thank you! We want to ensure you stay safe and legal – please take a moment to read the following guidelines and information before you start:
Tips for handling cash and staying safe
If you donate to Comic Relief or sponsor anyone raising money for Comic Relief via the Giving Pages, please understand that we cannot offer any refunds of your donation or sponsorship. Please contact us to discuss if you experience any issues with this or wish to discuss. Please also note, if you sponsor someone to do any activity for Comic Relief, your sponsorship is not conditional on the activity being completed.
If you’re paying in a personal donation, pay UK tax* and tick the Gift Aid box, the Government will give us 25% on top of your donation, which we use to help cover our running costs. It won’t cost you a penny and it means that every pound that you donate can go towards transforming the lives of the poorest and most disadvantaged people in the UK and around the world. Please give your full name and home address and tick the box when requested or we can’t claim Gift Aid.
* You must be a UK taxpayer and understand that if you pay less Income Tax and /or Capital Gains Tax in the current tax year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations it is your responsibility to pay any difference. Find out more about Gift Aid.
Comic Relief is not an accounting, taxation or financial advisor, and you should not rely on information given on this site to determine the accounting, tax or financial consequences of making a donation to Comic Relief. We strongly recommend that you consult your own adviser(s) about any accounting, taxation or financial consequences that may affect you.
Comic Relief is a member of the Direct Marketing Association (DMA), the body responsible for driving high standards in direct marketing through self-regulation.
As a member of the DMA, we agree to adhere to the Direct Marketing Code of Practice. This commitment to the highest standards of marketing and best practice means that our advertising and marketing is responsible, reliable and respectful.
For more information about the DMA, please visit www.dma.org.uk
Comic Relief is registered with the Fundraising Regulator, and is committed to following its Fundraising Promise and Code of Fundraising Practice.
As a member, we adhere to the Fundraising Promise, which commits us to the highest standards of fundraising good practice, ensuring that our fundraising is legal, open, honest and respectful.
We are committed to following the Code of Fundraising Practice, which outlines the standards expected of all charitable fundraising organisations across the UK.
If you would like more information about the Fundraising Regulator, or wish to refer a fundraising complaint to them, please visit the website.
Please note that teachers ordering Red Noses for School should read the Red Noses for Schools Terms and Conditions.
We advise you to print and keep a copy of these terms and conditions for your records. Please note that we may make changes to these terms and conditions from time to time, so please check them each time you use the online shop.
Please note that these terms and conditions do not apply to free fundraising packs or other free materials ordered through the site or to donations added to your order.
To purchase goods from Comic Relief through the online shop, you need to complete the online ordering process. Your order is an offer to buy the goods on these terms and conditions of sale. We will send you an email confirming receipt of your order and your order details. Our email is our acceptance of your offer to buy the goods. Worldpay will process your payment on our behalf.
The supply of goods from the online shop is subject to availability. Whilst we will try to inform you if any goods are unavailable before you place an order, we cannot always do this. If this happens, you will be informed by email and you will either not be charged or be refunded for any unfulfilled items.
Prices of all goods available on the online shop are quoted and charged in sterling and, where applicable, are inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
We accept all major credit and debit cards except Electron. Comic Relief cannot accept payment by cash, cheque or postal order for orders placed on the online shop.
We regret that we are unable to deliver outside of the UK, as the high cost of delivery beyond the UK currently makes such a service uneconomic. Please note that we cannot deliver to PO Boxes. BFPO orders will be sent to the BFPO Head Office in the UK.
Parcels will be dispatched either through Royal Mail, Whistl or dpd, dependent on the order weight and value. All courier deliveries will require a signature at receipt. A postage and packaging charge (referred to as P&P) is payable on all orders according to the size of the order. This charge will be calculated at the checkout stage of your order, and includes VAT at the current rate.
Any orders placed after Friday 8th March 2019 are not guaranteed to be delivered before Red Nose Day 2019 (Friday 15th March 2019).
You have a statutory right to cancel your order by notifying us in writing within 7 working days of delivery.
Your right to cancel does not apply:
To cancel your order and claim a refund, write to us at the Returns Address below within 7 working days from delivery, heading your letter "Order Cancellation" and providing your name and contact details, your order number and a description of the goods being canceled. A 'working day' is any day which is not a weekend or a bank holiday.
If you have already received your goods, send them back to the same Returns Address in a saleable condition within 14 days of notifying us of your decision, using the address label and returns slip provided on the delivery note. We recommend you use registered or recorded delivery to ensure they reach us safely. If you do not return the goods, we have the right to collect the goods from you and charge you for the full cost of doing so.
Please note that due to the nature of the packaging of the Red Noses this year; they are non-refundable unless still sealed in original packaging.
If you wish to cancel before delivery, please email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and order number. Whilst we will try to cancel the order before it is dispatched, we may be unable to do so. If the goods are delivered you will still need to cancel your order in writing and return the goods as set out above.
We will refund the purchase price to you within 14 days of your cancellation notice. You are responsible for the costs of returning the goods and this cannot be refunded.
Please note that we are unable to cancel any orders after the 7 working day period unless the goods are faulty (see 'Faulty Goods' below). Your right to cancel is separate from other statutory rights you may have.
If any goods ordered from us are faulty, please return them using the address label and returns slip provided on the delivery note as soon as possible to the 'Returns Address' below, securely packaged. If we find that the goods are faulty, and you have returned them within a reasonable period, we will refund the purchase price to you (including the original postage and packing we charged you), and your postage and packaging costs for returning the goods (standard recorded delivery). This refund policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Please note that due to campaign time constraints and stock availability, we cannot guarantee to be able to replace any faulty or returned item in time for Red Nose Day on Friday 15th March 2019.
Please use the returns label included in the delivery note.
The address for returning faulty or cancelled goods is:
Online Shop Returns
PO Box 504
We regret that any additional donations made through the ordering process are not refundable.
You may only order goods through the online shop if you are 18 or over. If you are under 18 years old, please ask your parent or guardian to complete the ordering process.
Comic Relief shall not be liable if we are unable to carry out our obligations (including any delays) due to any circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
Comic Relief shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential losses, or for any business losses (including loss of profits, data, anticipated savings, goodwill or for wasted expenditure) you may suffer as a result of any breach of these terms and conditions of sale.
We do not limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
The products sold on this site raise money for Comic Relief, and are not intended for commercial re-sale. Under charity fundraising laws, businesses may not re-sell the products to the general public without the permission of Comic Relief.
These terms and conditions of sale shall be governed by and enforced in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Comic Relief and you both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
The online shop is operated by Comic Relief Limited, a subsidiary of Comic Relief, registered charity 326568 (England & Wales) and SC039730 (Scotland). VAT number 773865187.
Our address for correspondence or queries is below (please note that the address for returning faulty or cancelled goods is the Returns Address):
89 Albert Embankment
London SE1 7TP
For any queries or complaints about goods or services please contact us at email@example.com.
1. Red Noses (“Noses”) cost £1.25 each and are sold in boxes of 40 through the Red Noses for Schools scheme. On placing your order you guarantee the sale of the Noses either by paying the sale price of £50 per box in full or by paying a deposit of £15 per box with the balance of £35 per box to be paid as soon as possible after Red Nose Day. You must also pay postage and packaging (P&P).
2. You guarantee the sale of all Noses supplied to you by paying for them in full. We regret we are unable to refund deposits or take back unsold Noses.
3. Noses must be sold for £1.25 each. Any money paid over £1.25 should be treated as a donation and sent to Comic Relief as soon as possible after Red Nose Day.
4. Each person selling Noses under the Red Nose for Schools scheme does so as an unpaid agent of Comic Relief Limited (a wholly owned subsidiary of Comic Relief).
5. Please dispose of any unsold Noses so they cannot be reused. Noses may be recycled at Sainsbury’s stores. Please DO NOT put Noses in your household recycling.
6. On all materials publicising sales of Noses you must state: “At least 65p from the sale of each Red Nose goes to Comic Relief, registered charity 326568 (England/Wales); SC039730 (Scotland).”
7. Noses ordered before Friday January 25, 2019 should be delivered by Friday February 8, 2019. For orders placed after please allow 10 working days for delivery. Red Noses for Schools closes on Friday March 8, 2019. Order forms received after this date will not be processed and your cheque will not be cashed.
8. WARNING! Not suitable for children under 3 years of age due to small parts - choking hazard.
9. P&P includes VAT at the current rate as set out on the order form. A VAT invoice for P&P is available on request.
10. Orders are subject to availability.
11. Noses are sold by Comic Relief Limited (registered company number 01967154, VAT number 773865187), a wholly owned subsidiary of Comic Relief, whose principal office is at 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP.
12. These terms constitutes the entire agreement between us and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between us, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
1. This competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of Comic Relief, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the competition.
2. There are 8 Golden Tickets included within the schools fundraising packs produced for the Red Nose Day 2019 Campaign (the “Fundraising Packs”, and each a “Fundraising Pack”). 4 Golden Tickets are included within the Fundraising Packs designed for Primary Schools, and 4 Golden Tickets within the Fundraising Packs for Secondary Schools. The Golden Tickets have been specially printed and seeded within the Fundraising Packs at the point of production, by an independent Competitions and Prize Draw adjudicator. The Golden Tickets have been attached to the cover letter to be found within the respective Fundraising Packs.
3. Upon placing an online order for a Fundraising Pack you will be automatically entered into the competition and you will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
4. Each person who receives a Golden Ticket within their Fundraising Pack will receive, on behalf of their respective school, free access for one calendar year to the Headspace meditation app for employees and pupils of that school and use of a Headspace for Educators Toolkit for teachers at that school.
5. Winners must contact Comic Relief on 0207 820 2531 to claim their prize. Winners will be required to share with Comic Relief the unique code included on their Golden Ticket, and may also be required to send their Golden Ticket to Comic Relief for verification. Comic Relief will then arrange for winners to have access to the prize for a fixed number of designated users per school via the Supplier.
6. Packs containing Golden Tickets will be selected randomly by the independent adjudicator. It is the responsibility of those who receive a Fundraising Pack to check for a Golden Ticket as Comic Relief will not know where the Golden Tickets have been sent. If a winner does not contact Comic Relief by 8th March 2019 then Comic Relief reserves the right to select another winner from others who ordered a Fundraising Pack. This will be conducted through a random draw supervised by an independent person. Comic Relief also reserves the right to deem any Golden Tickets not distributed in their respective Fundraising Pack by 8th March as null and void, or to select another winner through the same random draw.
7. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The prize is supplied by Headspace Inc, located at 2415 Michigan Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90404. Comic Relief reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond Comic Relief’s control makes it necessary to do so.
8. The decision of Comic Relief regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
9. Insofar as is permitted by law, Comic Relief, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Comic Relief, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
10. Personal data supplied for the purposes of ordering a Fundraising Pack will be processed as set out in Comic Relief’s Privacy Notice.
The competition will be governed by English law and entrants to the competition submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.