Scott Mills and Chris Stark have completed their 24-hour LOL-a-thon challenge for Red Nose Day 2019, providing their own non-stop ‘Comic Relief’ to the nation and raising an amazing total of £324,931 for vital causes.
The supersized Lol-a-thon extended to 27-hours in total - three hours longer than the original 24-hours they set out for.
Tasked with the challenge of keeping the nation LOL-ing around the clock, the presenting duo were joined by some very special celebrity guests to help them along the way.
Highlights across the challenge include:
- David Beckham shared his favourite elephant-themed joke
- Chris Stark took a trip to the most famous door in the UK to deliver a knock, knock joke at 10 Downing Street
- Queer Eye’s Tan France showed up for an incredible game of Innuendo Bingo
- Everyone’s favourite water guy, Andy King, from the famous Fyre Festival documentary showed his willingness to ‘take one for the team’
- Ricky Gervais took part in a round of Radio 1’s Unpopular Opinions
- Jack Whitehall got involved with listener jokes
- Louis Tomlinson provided the best dad jokes
- Paddy McGuinness, Freddie Flintoff and Chris Harris shared top-notch car gags
- Love Island’s Dr Alex came in to share the best Doctor Doctor one-liners
- Drag Queen’s Den gave Chris a midnight makeover
Thanks to the generosity of Scott, Chris and the BBC Radio 1 listeners – they have managed to raise an incredible amount of money that will help change the lives of people in the UK and abroad.